Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Brooklyn Follies and beyond

Good Autumn to you.

What can I tell you about?

I have been on the receiving end of some wonderful live music experiences of late. I have to confess I am not the most enthusiastic gig-goer. I like the idea of it but find the reality can be tiresome; my drink-holding hand, not to mention both legs, aching, too occupied to applaud, shouting “what, dear?” to friends as they struggle to convey their inter-song commentary through ears neurotically stuffed with toilet-paper. I have already wandered away from the point like the shambling, squinting old-lady-looking-for- teabags-in-the-post-office- persona I frequently adopt.

The gigs, dear.

Yes, I went to see the resplendent Mr Richard Hawley on the Scottish leg of his tour. I am of the opinion that there are not many things I enjoy more of an evening than seeing a Hawley concert. I’d travel a long way for a good ballad.

I have also been dazzled and seduced by the magnificence of Rufus Wainwright and the wonders of his live show. I was shocked to be left wanting more at the end of a munificent two-hour concert. Perhaps the comfortable seat, understated volume and drink-free clapping-hands contributed to my joy.

I’m quite sorry that I seem to be unable to write the kind of blogs that people probably want to read, to comment on the gigs we’ve played and such. However that New York show was, and I intend to de-Americanise the expression, awesome. Thanks to everyone that came to see us on that trip and sorry to anyone I moaned about my insect bites to.

Also, we’ve noticed a lot of people writing to us from Indonesia recently, asking us to come and play. Well, I’m not sure this blog will have been a lot of use to you but I’d like to assure you that we value your affection and will definitely try to come and play for you at some point in the future.

This is what the children are up to these days http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=8wnRVauwTHs

Carey xx

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good autumn to you too.
Nice video. About youtube, that'd be nice if someday you put there some guitar (or keyboard) training lessons to your songs. I found out lately that the singer from Nada Surf did this for a few of their songs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHVpseg6tBM) and it's so much better than tabs for untalented beginners like me...

Cheers,
Thomas

9:11 pm  
Blogger Spike said...

Psst! Don't tell the others, but I like your blogs best!

11:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

♥ from CHILE, South america :D

11:36 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home